Your veneers will need 72 hours to completely cure. During this time, we recommend that you:
- Avoid eating hard foods, and maintain a soft diet
- Avoid extremes in temperature
- Do not use any medicated mouthwashes or drink alcoholic beverages, as these may affect the resin bonding material
We also recommend that you:
- Avoid excessive biting forces and habit patterns (such as nail biting, pencil chewing, etc.)
- Do not bite into hard pieces of candy or chew on ice
- If you play a contact sport, use a soft acrylic mouth guard whenever you are participating
- Avoid acidulated fluoridated mouth rinses, as they can damage the surface finish of your veneers. Chlorhexidine antiplaque mouth rinses may stain your veneers, but these stains are easily removeable and can be taken care of by our hygienists during your routine appointments.
Continue to visit our practice regularly for routine cleanings, and practice good oral hygiene at home. Use a soft toothbrush with rounded bristles, and floss normally. We recommend that you use a less abrasive toothpaste that is not highly fluoridated.
To learn more about post-treatment instructions for porcelain dental veneers in Southport, North Carolina, or to schedule a follow-up appointment with Dr. Larry Hemby and Dr. L.D. Williams, please contact Southport Dental at 910-457-5026.