If your permanent crowns or bridges have been cemented into place, our dentists recommend that you follow these guidelines:
- Do not chew hard or sticky food for 24 hours following placement of your restoration.
- Do not chew ice or other very hard objects.
- Avoid chewing stick (“hard tacky”) candy, as it may remove your restoration.
You will likely experience some sensitivity after your restoration is cemented in place. This should disappear after a few weeks.
If you experience any problems, please contact Southport Dental to make an appointment with our dentists. Signs of problems with your restoration include:
- Feelings of movement or looseness in the restoration
- Sensitivity to hot, cold, or sweet foods that does not disappear after a few weeks
- A peculiar taste from the restoration site
- Sensitivity to pressure
- If a piece of the restoration breaks off
We also recommend that you continue visit our dentists at regular intervals and practicing good oral hygiene at home.
For more information about post-treatment care for crowns and bridges, and to schedule a follow-up appointment with Dr. Larry Hemby and Dr. L.D. Williams in Southport, North Carolina, please contact our office at 910-457-5026.